Monday, September 13, 2010

It's taken a bit too long for this first entry of my 'Enfield journey', but I'm so pleased to start it.

I tried a few different bikes before I test drove an Enfield - I wanted to be sure, after all this time.  But there was no question - within five minutes from the start of the test ride I felt like this was the bike for me.  Taking the bike for a bit of slow manoeuvring in a 'safe area' - it felt right.  Then getting out on a bit of highway and taking the bike up to speed - I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.

Being a novice rider, I've been worried about how I could handle an old style bike like the Enfield.  But there was no comparison - it felt much more comfortable in the streets and on the highway than other bikes I tried. I couldn't be happier that Royal Enfield finally made it's way back to Canada via Edmonton at Royal Enfield Canada and then Savage Cycles  in the Victoria area.

I looked at the different models available, but there was something about the 'Silver Bullet' (Bullet Electra EFI) demo model I had tested.  I quite like the traditional looks of the other models available (they're fabulous - I'd own any one of them), but the Silver Bullet stood out to me.  So, at the end of August.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey biker boy! What's the displacement? Is it a 2 or 4-stroke? How many cylinders? And most important, what kind of rubber do you have on it? Be sure to get the best tires you can, especially for dealing with wet roads - it's the critical two square inches connecting you to this wonderful earth!
    cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a helmet for me, next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete